Below is a list of Safe Site employment opportunities available at this time.
The utility locator position is for those that will work long hours as well as Saturday and Sundays as needed. You must be able to work outside in all weather conditions, be able to perform locates in a professional manner, and have the ability to work in a diverse work environment while maintaining a hectic work schedule.
KNOWLEDGE OF UTILITY LOCATOR EQUIPMENT
The locator must know how to use paper and electronic maps to pinpoint the location of underground cables and lines. The use of electronic locating equipment, shovels, rods for probing and other measuring instruments is vital to performing the job duties.
UTILITY LOCATOR SKILLS
The person that performs these job duties must know how to resolve and troubleshoot any problems with the equipment, and must follow all processes as specified and without deviation.
The utility locator will pick up utility locate orders daily and use a company vehicle to travel to the location where underground lines must be found. Using the locator equipment, the person will find and tag the areas where the pipes are found using spray paint and flags. Utility locators must attend requested meetings with contractors. Locators must also attend weekly meetings with their supervisors and peers.
THE SAFE SITE TRAINING PROGRAM
- The training program lasts 3-6 Weeks
- Trainees are trained on reading maps and proprietary software
- Ride along with locators
- $13/hr while you are training
Successful utility locator candidates should possess all of the following skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Good written and verbal communications
- Independent worker
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to walk up to two miles a day, lift up to 50 lbs, bend and stand for long periods of time, and have excellent driving habits to perform this type of job.
- Need to be very organized and able to prioritize time efficently
- Eager to work
- Must be able to determine dimensions and draw schematic sketches
- Must be computer savvy
- Must like to work outside
- Physically Fit – Must be able to lift 50 lbs – Continuous Bending, Squatting and Lifting
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends
- Must be willing to rotate on call
- Health Insurance is available after 90 days of employment.
- You will receive six paid holidays after 90 days of employment.
- You will be eligible for participation in our Simple IRA after 1 year of employment.
After training, each locator is in control of his/her earnings. The more utility locations you do, the more you can earn. Because earnings are based on business volume and your productivity, earnings may vary from pay period to pay period.
Thank you for your interest!
— Safe Site Staff